drank Candy Cane Lane by The NecessiTeas

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!!!

My father arrived today (not for Christmas, but for my brother’s birthday which is also today) with my 12 teas of Christmas from both 52 Teas and Necessiteas. Since I have been following the 52 Teas as Roswell Strange has opened them, I decided to go for a surprise and open up one of the Necessiteas blends instead. I was glad to find this festive blend inside.

This tea is one I have had previously and while I didn’t rate it, I do think I enjoyed it. At least I am certainly enjoying it right now. Necessiteas is great at getting accurate flavors and this is no exception. It definitely tastes like a liquefied candy cane while still being light. I was quite pleased with this morning mug.

So excited and jealous hahaha.

Martin Bednář

Merry Christmas!

Comments

So excited and jealous hahaha.

Martin Bednář

Merry Christmas!

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Tea Ratings Guide (as of December 10, 2017)
90-100 Teas I NEED on hand at all times
80-89 Teas I want to keep around for a cup every now and then
70-79 Teas I am glad I have around and can experiment with but probably don’t need more than what’s in my cupboard
60-69 Teas I would not turn down a cup of from a friend but that would probably be enough
50-59 Teas I can see why someone would enjoy but are not for me