Sipdown! This is my last tea of the day (or first depending on how you look at it, since it’s after midnight)…

I’ve been holding onto this last tea bag for months now, waiting for the perfect time to drink it and I just now decided that I’m not going to have a perfect time, so I might as well drink it now and make room for more new teas! This is one of the few different kinds of ba teas that I did actually drink on occasion before I was introduced to this glorious world of loose leaf. My taste preferences have changed pretty significantly since I started drinking loose leaf and it’s been quite a while since I had this one that I’m wondering if I’ll even like it at all!

Since trying loose leaf I’ve learned that I’m really not a green tea girl, and yet this tea is a green tea base and it’s one of few teas I actually liked growing up (and that I consistently drank growing up). It’s also mint though, and mint is still one of my staple flavours and one I don’t seem to get tired of.

The tea in the bag smells like wintergreen gum, to me even though there isn’t actually wintergreen in the blend. Very strong mint smell, not really any green tea smell. I know from past experience that it doesn’t taste quite as minty as it smells, but I’m wondering if I’ll be able to taste the green tea more now that I’m a bit more familiar with it.

First few sips and… It’s still super good! Phew. Yeah, I taste the green tea – but I still taste the mint more!I’m actually really tasting spearmint in this cup, and less so peppermint. Yay! I still find it really refreshing, and I’m so relieved that now that I have a bit more of a distinguished palette the green tea isn’t putting me off. There’s really not a lot to add though, it’s a pretty straight forward Moroccan Tea.

Now I just have to find somewhere local to buy this! In my old city it wasn’t hard to get ahold of, we just picked it up from Superstore or Safeway. In my new city, I’ve checked both Superstore, Shoppers and Co-Op but none of them choose to stock this one (each individual store gets to pick what they stock). I guess I haven’t checked Safeway yet, so hopefully the Safeways here actually stock this one. Otherwise I’ll have to try and coerce a family member to buy some for me and bring it with next time they visit.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada