drank Raspberry by Bentley's

Woke up way earlier this morning than I’m accustomed to, though for a fairly good reason (and a blameless one; I can’t expect people to instantly know that 1 PM is still a time when I’m typically sound asleep) – I have a job interview! It’s for the Calendar Club/Go Games! which would be something different than settings I’m used to – having only worked at a carnival and a movie theatre (both places focusing on food services). It’s also only a seasonal position, but really at this point a little money over a temporary period is better than no money at all.

Since it was an early morning (technically afternoon) for me, I really wasn’t in the mood to go through a more elaborate tea making process – so bagged tea it is! I quickly skimmed through the box of bagged tea I keep for unadventurous family, Tre, and people who in general I feel are not worthy of my loose leaf tea and this is the one I settled on.

The baggy itself smells like raspberry, albeit a more artificial smelling raspberry. It has a black tea base, and that’s present too. There’s no steeping instructions (something I hate about bagged tea) so I basically eyeballed it.

The raspberry in this tea is most present in the aftertaste, and even then it’s super mild and artificial tasting. The black tea base in this just tastes off and unpleasant. There’s some slight bitterness to it as well.

I’m wishing I had made a different cup of tea, and when I’m more awake I definitely plan to make something better.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada