drank Main Squeeze by DAVIDsTEA

Work Mate!

I love the taste of this Mate, and like usual it didn’t disappoint today. I love that this can taste super sweet and juice like, but still maintain the earthy mate flavour. It seems like it should be a contradiction between the flavours, but it really isn’t.

Usually this does the trick energy wise too – which is why it accompanies me to work so often. However, today I didn’t think this really did anything to pick me up energy wise during my shift. I felt dead basically the whole time without any really energy boost. So, I guess I was a bit let down today.

Anyway, I still love this one regardless – and I really should go pick up some more!

KellyxLee

You mentioned that this tea is “juice like”…what kind of juice? I see that it contains papaya and pineapple, so would it be more of a fruit juice, or an artificial kool-aid type juice? Regardless, it sounds amazing and I noticed in one of your other posts about you, you had taken it to work iced. It definitely sounds like it would make an amazing iced tea. Gotta pick this up…thanks for reviewing it!

Roswell Strange

To me it’s like a cross between a Sunny D type of juice (sweet and artificially) and a more natural fruit juice (like fresh squeezed orange juice with some additional tropical notes) . Actually, in another review for this I believe I compared it to a tropical smoothy I used to sell at a previous workplace. The smoothy contained mango, pineapple, and banana with orange juice and vanilla yogurt – and this tastes pretty close to the same minus the dairy and banana.

KellyxLee

Just added it to my next DAVIDs order…it sounds fantastic!

Comments

KellyxLee

Roswell Strange

KellyxLee

Just added it to my next DAVIDs order…it sounds fantastic!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada