drank Peppermint by Tim Hortons

I slept in today, and because of that I didn’t actually have time to make myself a tea for work – which was crushing. This is the first time since starting that I haven’t brought tea with me to work, and I felt really empty handed all morning.

However, because my coworker Briana is really sweet she stopped at Tim Hortons on her way back from break and brought me back a cup of peppermint tea (without my even asking, which was so thoughtful). We’d been talking about tea a few shifts ago and I mentioned that I love mint teas – especially ones that are super strong or overleafed, and I guess she was actually paying attention to the conversation because not only did she pick the right tea (meaning, what I would have asked for if she’d told me she was gonna get me tea), but she also got an extra teabag for me so I could steep it extra strong!

Honestly, it wasn’t the most amazing peppermint tea I’ve ever had. Not by a long shot – but it wasn’t too bad either considering it’s bagged tea from, basically, a ‘fast food’ brand name. It was pretty minty – and with the extra bag I was able to make it really strong and powerful smelling. However, what I disliked what that in the end of the sip there was this odd taste like dirt. It was only really brief and vanished into the minty fresh aftertaste almost right away, but that split second dirt taste was present in every sip. It was sort of distracting, really.

Anyway, a huge thank you to Briana for saving me at work today (super unexpectedly too) since I didn’t have tea of my own like normal.

ashmanra

How does this compare to Harney’s Vanilla Comoro? I will actually be near Tin Roof on Thursday and I am out of my Harney which I buy by the pound.

ashmanra

Sorry, Steepster glitched and threw me back a full page!

Comments

ashmanra

ashmanra

Sorry, Steepster glitched and threw me back a full page!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada