drank Raspberry by Tea Desire

Today is just one giant countdown until store set up. I keep telling myself that it’ll be fine, that everything will go smoothly, and I’ve gotten myself to the point of half believing that. Since I’m out of bed now I’m taking advantage of drinking some tea. Right now, I’m in the mood for creamy and fruity. So far I’ve polished off the last of the Buddha Bamboo that was in the fridge, and now I’m drinking this one.

Steeped 1 1/2 tsp. in oz. of water at approx. 75 degrees celsius for two minutes. It’s looking pretty good and smelling pretty good too: like freshly baked, buttery raspberry scones. Yum. Although, this has served to remind me I need new mugs in a darker colour: my cream coloured mugs are looking awfully stained from all the black tea I drink.

Taste? Rich raspberry with a smooth and vanilla pastry type of aftertaste. I think I’ve really mastered brewing this one – or at least found the perfect sweet spot for my own tastes. No funky grassy notes in this cup! I’m not sure if I’m up to an immediate resteep: I want variety today. But I’ll save the leaves and maybe have another glass later tonight.

Next up? I’m thinking Birthday Cake. I could go for something very much vanilla and eggy. Yeah, that sounds good…

Only 6 hours and 24 minutes left until set up…

VariaTEA

Today will go great!! Good luck!

Comments

VariaTEA

Today will go great!! Good luck!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada