I really wanted to make myself black tea, but it also happens to be nearly 1 AM so my options for that were really limited (didn’t want the caffeine). Thankfully I bought this decaff bagged tea not too long ago. I looked at the box, and my thought was instantly “Ooh! This will be perfect with a splash of milk: great for ending the night on”. It wasn’t until about half way through steeping it that I realized I don’t have any milk in the house…

D’oh!

I’m going through my cupboard right now, trying to figure out how many teas I’ll have after my 52Teas and Butiki orders come in (both of which are placed), I receive all the swaps I’m expecting, and I get my Black Friday orders. It’s gonna be a really significant increase. I am limiting myself in regard to Black Friday, though – the only places I’ll be making orders are Della Terra and Butiki (second half of what I was gonna order with my first order). If Harney & Sons would have had a killer sale that applied to Canadians, I’d probably be placing my first order with them though… That basically covers the bulk of what’s on my shopping list atm.

I’m wondering if I could get down to 50 teas if I REALLY pushed to sipdown the few samples I have left. Of course, that’d never happen if any of the swaps I’m expecting arrive before Friday. Hmmm…

Anyway, this tea is good tonight – though I am disappointed in the lack of milk. I’m trying to price out my Black Friday orders and it looks like there isn’t enough on my prepaid visa card to cover them both, which means I’ll be using Tre’s credit card. Usually I give him cash equivalent to what I’ve bought, but our deal this time is that what ever I spend goes towards groceries/rent.

I love the smell of this blend so much! It seems kind of festive/seasonally accurate too – though not totally sure why. The only other blend that’s REALLY put me into the seasonal mood scent wise as much as this is David’s Gingerbread. That one smells heavenly too. Taste wise, for whatever reason I’m getting apple notes buried under all the vanilla, cinnamon, and clove. I didn’t get that last time – but I’m not necessarily complaining about getting that this time either.

Also, I’m very thankful Tre wasn’t home from work sooner this evening: I was watching Supernatural and had this ‘totally smooth move’ where I got distracted by something going on in the show and missed my mouth taking a huge gulp of tea. I literally (and I mean literally) poured half a thermos of tea straight onto my chest and all over my lap and the couch. Thankfully, my laptop was on the coffee table next to the couch and not directly on my lap (that could have been a horrid electronics disaster otherwise), and the tea was iced and not hot. But not a totally fun experience.

Hesper June

Supernatural will do that to a person:)

Roswell Strange

I do stupid things like that often: I’m afraid I’m not the most graceful of people. Once I was eating cereal and talking to my brother and I completely missed my mouth with the spoon (twice). Instead I jabbed myself in the cheek and got soggy cornflakes all over my face.

Comments

Hesper June

Supernatural will do that to a person:)

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada