Ok, so Tre has been looking at me right now with this face of just absolute disgust. I told him I was gonna have breakfast for supper, and that I was making a glorious supper feast – which is what I did and am eating right now.

In front of me is:

- Two slices of Holiday bread (sans raisins – I picked them all out) slathered in Nutella
- A large plate of hashbrowns with melted cheese, an egg scrambled into them, and strawberry jam mixed in with them as well
- A bowl of Golden Grahams cereal
- A bowl of peaches and cream oatmeal
- A mug of Love Tea #7, with milk added in,

and lastly,

- This mug of Lime Chiffon (which is a resteep)

I think my breakfast feast is delicious. Mostly, I think he’s disgusted by my hashbrown concoction, though – and not the rest.

Anyway – this resteep is lovely. It’s nearly as creamy as the first steep was (I should have added milk but it slipped my mind) which makes me feel further justified in ordering 2 oz. of it. I steeped it 1 tsp. (resteep, like previously stated) in 8 oz. of boiling water for around 9 minutes. I was gonna just do five or so but I lost track of time while I was fixing up the Love Tea #7. Still great though, and I think maybe the extra long steep time helped.

VariaTEA

Your feast does indeed sound glorious. And your hash brown concoction is like no other I have heard of but I am not one to judge something before giving it a fair try. Hope you enjoy your dinner :)

Roswell Strange

I don’t remember when or how I started eating hashbrowns that way – but I really enjoy it like this. People find it weird, but I think it’s a good mix of savory and sweet. I eat lots of weird food though – apple/cinnamon/cheese quesadillas, poutine with ketchup popcorn seasoning mixed in the gravy, buttered popcorn with instant hot chocolate powder mix sprinkled on top, broccoli & cheese nuggets with peanut butter… To name a few.

VariaTEA

haha and people thought I was weird when I ordered the Pulled Ham and Maple Syrup Poutine at a restaurant.

VariaTEA

I find that things that usually sound strange tend to be the most tasty.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

VariaTEA

I find that things that usually sound strange tend to be the most tasty.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada