drank Mate Mint by Tea Desire

Eurrhhhhgggg…

Well, I successfully was the perfect employee/manager for three+ hours today! Basically, my boss’s (the district manager) boss (the head of the company) is doing his yearly “rounds” and visiting every branch in the country, and today was my day…

I had no idea when he’d be here, so for three plus hours I did everything I should have been doing anyway that I normally just… don’t. That included greeting every single customer, asking if they could be helped and reciting the stupid line “and if you have any questions, definitely don’t be afraid to ask” to every single one and then offering everyone a wallet calendar and giving, again, another stupid speech ("on the front is our company website and toll free number, and on the back you’ll find all of the dates for 2014). And all the while nursing a sickeningly sweet smile and “soft” voice (because having a soft voice makes you “more approachable and less intimidating”).

I know – this is my job and I’m complaining an awfully lot about things I should be doing anyway, but it’s just draining forcing a chipper attitude (and speaking in a voice that is not my natural one) for hours on end, especially when I’m listening to the same fucking Christmas carols play on repeat all day every day and nursing a killer migraine…

However, I think they were both very satisfied with my guest service and I was able to masterfully answer all their questions about stock shipments, facing our products, general reception from the seniors in the mall, what we sell lots of and what we don’t sell lots of – among other things.

I’m just so glad that I had my mate with me, because I’m just super drained. I’ve had an awful nights sleep the last two days and despite eating more healthy the last week or so compared to how I usually eat I just feel weak and malnourished. I’m wondering if I might be getting sick – and I really hope that’s not the case because I just don’t have the time to be sick.

Anyway, this tea is a miracle worker! It’s keeping me awake, the mint is helping to curb hunger pains (seven hour shift with no food), and just tastes great in general! I don’t think, for the day, I could have made a better choice in mate!

keychange

I love how real your posts are. And your package goes out on Tues or wed—sorry for the delay, but right now your baggies are only labeled in braille! (taking them to work tomorrow though to get a “sighty” to write on them haha)

Roswell Strange

No worries or rush! And thank you; I strive for realness! I’d like to think I’m very real with my employees – they’re kept up to date on all the promos going on and know the expectations that the company has for them (ie. stupid wallet calendars), but they also know my attitude towards these things, especially the wallet calendars, is that ultimately it doesn’t matter as long as you’re knowledgeable of the product, available if someone needs help, and keeping the kiosk clean. Other than that, I leave it up to them if they want to push the products that are being featured in promos or hand out the blasted wallet calendars. It’s the same way where I know all the things I’m supposed to say about the products to sell them, but I will never deliberately lie to someone to make a sale. If they asked if I’ve played the game and I haven’t I will say that, and if I can see someone has a limited budget I’m going to work with them to find something that fits it – not keep pressuring them to buy more expensive games because they’re “better”. I think that’s appreciated more by people who are shopping. At the very least, I know that’s how I’d personally want to be treated…

keychange

Absolutely. A practical SA is always referable to one who’s unrealistic, fake, or unde immense pressure to make you buy more than you’re comfortable with.

Fjellrev

Ugh, I don’t understand why so many companies push that kind of “customer service” because it’s not always the best way to attract business. It comes across ingenuous most of the time anyway, and doesn’t do anyone any good. Sigh.

At one of my previous jobs, I eventually developed my own technique (ie. chill the hell out and get a sense for the customer’s personality) and I sold more stuff than anyone else, manager included. Yet the manager would still pull me aside and tell me to dance around, be loud, aggressive, and obnoxious, push products, ask customers how they’re doing every two minutes, etc. Like uhhhh, seriously? So you want me to make the company less money then?

Comments

keychange

Roswell Strange

Fjellrev

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada