Well, this isn’t exactly how I thought I’d be spending the evening. I had anticipated sipping away at my new Butiki blends, but instead I’m hunched over a bowl throwing up scrambled eggs. I don’t know what happened – I was perfectly fine and then not half an hour after finishing my eggs I felt violently ill. I really hope I feel better tomorrow so I can enjoy my time off for Christmas!

Anyway, I received this as part of a “herbal sampler” from VariaTEA and it seems like an appropriate tea to be drinking now. I’m hoping it might help tame or at least temper my illness.

For preparation, I’m using 2 tsp. of leaf (a little strong) for 8 oz. of boiling water, steeped for seven minutes. The smell is partially minty, partially orange, a bit ginger like, and a whole lot of catnip and fennel.

Taste wise – this is all fennel, catnip, and ugh… ginger! Bleck. It tastes pretty gross, but then again I’m not exactly drinking it right now for the taste, am I? If it does it’s job, I’ll be keeping it around for that reason – and that reason alone. It’s a shame though, I really do like fennel. But catnip? It tastes really grassy and sorta sour? And it’s a known fact that I’m not a fan of ginger.

I’ll edit in if this helped settled my stomach a little later, after I’ve given this a chance to “work its magic”.

EDIT: Nope, that didn’t sit well either. Ended up throwing up the whole mug. Yuck. I think I’m done with tea for the night…

VariaTEA

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon and I am really sorry the tea did not help.

tigress_al

Gross. Throwing up sucks. Feel better soon!

keychange

Yup, throwing up is nasty. Feel better!

caile

Hope you feel better!

Tealizzy

Feel better!!!

Roswell Strange

Thanks, all of you! I’m feeling significantly better today – though taking it easy on food and tea, for now. Merry Christmas!

Comments

VariaTEA

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon and I am really sorry the tea did not help.

tigress_al

Gross. Throwing up sucks. Feel better soon!

keychange

Yup, throwing up is nasty. Feel better!

caile

Hope you feel better!

Tealizzy

Feel better!!!

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada