drank Lime Gelato by DAVIDsTEA

This was my other to go tea for my errands/interview today. I’ve read good things about it and about how it’s really good iced or cold, so I asked Janelle for a sample during her tea sale, despite it being a green tea.

I used 2 tsp. of leaf for 10 oz. of water today; boiling steeped for I think five minutes? That was hours ago, and I’ve sort of forgotten at this point.

Hot, it was really gross. The green was super vegetal and grassy and just icky, and the lime tasting artificial and kind of chemical and just really irritated my throat. I drank most of it cold, just because it was so awful hot – and it was significantly better cold. It was a little creamier, but still tasted chemical and irritated the hell out of my throat.

Definitely not a restock but I am thankful I got to try it if only to rule it out. I have enough leaf left for one small cup and I’ve added it to my vacation bag. Maybe I’ll make it for my Dad or something…

Lala

Because it is a green tea, boiling may be too high temp to steep at. I would say try about 180F.

Roswell Strange

That’s what I thought; but Janelle had labelled the steep temp. as significantly higher so I just went with that.

Roswell Strange

(Just checked it on the DAVIDsTEA website – they suggest 94 degrees celsius)

i don’t like a lot of davids teas but this is one of the few i DO like… heh funny how wildly people’s tastes vary.

Comments

Lala

Roswell Strange

(Just checked it on the DAVIDsTEA website – they suggest 94 degrees celsius)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada