Made a small amount of this in cold milk. I may have used a bit too much matcha; it’s really strong.

I’m trying to catch up to VariaTEA! Everytime I make a new batch I notice that she’s made more too. Blerg. I think part of it is that I’m accustomed to drinking large amounts at a time though (8 or 10 oz. mugs and a few 12 oz. timolinos full). Smaller cups would allow me to get through more tea quicker…

VariaTEA

haha I like how you are devising strategy now. I typically sit in my room however I decided this morning I could make tea faster if I sat in the kitchen by the kettle. Thus I am sitting at my kitchen table doing work and as my cups get low, I start the kettle.

MissB

Heh. I’m trying to catch up to you two… and doing the same thing. Brewing as I get low, and small cups as well. ;)

Roswell Strange

Part of what’s driving me crazy is my tooth too – I’m in so much pain right now that it’s getting incredibly hard for me to drink anything because of the sensitivity. But, I have no idea how to go about finding a dentist and, even if I did find one, no way to pay them.

Roswell Strange

Right now I’m in too much pain to physically eat or drink anything, so if that doesn’t let up then I may have to humbly bow out of our competition – despite the fact I’d love to continue. Like, it’s so bad and I’m so close to being broke that I’m currently googling how to pull your own tooth, and if that doesn’t yield satisfying results then my pay from my day at Tea Desire may go towards some alcohol to numb the area.

VariaTEA

My brother once decided to yank a tooth out with pliers. I DO NOT recommend it. There has to be a way you can get in to see a dentist.

VariaTEA

Also don’t do anything that will put you in pain. Especially not something for a silly competition. I hope you feel better soon!

Comments

VariaTEA

MissB

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – the only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA