Sipdown (210)!

In and right back out ;)

This one comes from VariaTEA! I know she had troubles finding the Cotton Candy, so I’m hoping I don’t encounter the same issue. Dry, this does smell a little like cotton candy, although it’s a very light smell.

My parameters were the whole sample in 8 oz. of just under boiling water, steeped for two minutes and thirty seconds. Steeped up, this just smells like the 52Teas black base.

As far as the taste goes, I’m kind of alternating between “52Teas black base” and “Very generic sweet tea with cotton candy(ish) aftertaste” between sips. I’m not totally sure if I really like it, and I don’t like that the flavouring I am getting (albeit quite genericly sweet) is so sporadic. So I suppose I am having the same problem that VariaTEA had.

I don’t know – I’d like to try it again to see if I could make it taste better, but based on this cup I definitely wouldn’t want to pay for any, let alone a full pouch. Oh well, you can’t love them all and I’m thankful for the chance to try it!

EDIT: As it cooled, the generic sweetness and light cotton candy flavoring got a little more consistent.

Fjellrev

It was too generically sugary for me, personally. Glad you kind of got that too, at least in the beginning.

VariaTEA

I am sorry I couldn’t send more than just a cup. Honestly though, I tried it a couple of times and had the same experience. There are much better teas out there that it isn’t worth it to waste time on this.

Comments

Fjellrev

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada