Another “In and Out” Sipdown (209)!

Mmm, Genmaicha! There’s so much of it in my house right now that I absolutely had to take advantage of the one cup sample size of this from VariaTEA and drink it all up tonight! Yummy!

My parameters were the whole sample, in 8 oz. of 80 degree celsius water steeped for a little shy of three minutes.

I’m a little disappointed because I don’t get chocolate out of this at all! Not in the dry or steeped smell, and not in taste either. What a shame! That said, it’s still a really nice Genmaicha and it’s hitting the spot so well right now!

I debated adding some Nesquick Chocolate Milk Syrup into the mug just to give it that chocolate touch I was looking for, but decided against it – plain Genmaicha is doing nicely for now.

I’m really loving this as a plain Genmaicha, but I’m gonna rate it sort of low despite that because it’s not supposed to be a plain Genmaicha (definitely not living up the the description).

VariaTEA

Did I send you Nina’s Japon?? You should try that. So tasty…

VariaTEA

I didn’t get chocolate either. My impressions of this were spot on to yours.

Roswell Strange

Yes you did :)

VariaTEA

I have this huge fear that I have hyped the tea WAY too much but I just love it so much.

Cavocorax

I remember liking this one, and the reblend falling flat…:(

Comments

VariaTEA

Did I send you Nina’s Japon?? You should try that. So tasty…

VariaTEA

I didn’t get chocolate either. My impressions of this were spot on to yours.

Roswell Strange

Yes you did :)

Cavocorax

I remember liking this one, and the reblend falling flat…:(

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada