I just downed a gigantic plate of tofu nuggets like nobodies business whilst drinking this and Prairie Berry. It seems like a totally strange combination of flavours, but somehow it really worked? I guess sweet and savoury pair more often than one would think.

Anyway, I picked this out because I thought the maple in it would fit will with the maple in Prairie Berry and, maybe, it’d give the impression of Saskatoon Berry syrup on pancakes when drunk simultaneously. Also, they steeped up at about the same temperature so that worked out pretty well.

1 1/2 tsp. of leaf, just under boiling water for about three minutes.

Taste wise, I’m especially getting the pancakes today with flickering notes of maple. Not a ton of butter in this cup, but that’s ok – I think that’s my least favourite part of this blend anyway. And guess what, it totally is like drinking the tea equivalent of Pancakes with Saskatoon Berry syrup.

Tasty!

Yvonne

This tea is on my bucket list.

Comments

Yvonne

This tea is on my bucket list.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada