I really wanted to join in on the Nina’s Japon excitement (I, too, recieved a sample from the lovely VariaTEA) but since I’ve felt a little uneasy today I thought I’d wait until my stomach was more settled so as to have a better experience.

So, that’s where this comes in. It’s still a green which I was semi-oddly craving (very out of character, I know), with ginger to maybe calm my stomach? I’m sad to say I’ve kind of forgotten I even had this, and so haven’t been drinking it often which I really should because I do enjoy it a lot. I think part of why I neglect it is because it’s A) Green and B) Has ginger, which are two of my least favourite tea things right up there with raisins.

Anyway, I drank it hot today when I normally drink it cold instead. It was pretty good – lots of ginger/spearmint/vegetal green taste and not a ton of strawberry, but then again I forgot to shake up the tin and don’t recall seeing many (if any) strawberry pieces in the leaf I used, so they’ve probably just all sunk to the bottom of the tin.

I should drink this more often.

Courtney

Japon is amazing! I hope you feel better soon so you can also enjoy it. :)

VariaTEA

I saw “Strawberry Zest” and my name and was like “I didn’t send this” but then I read and realized it was about Nina’s Japon. I hope you feel better soon and think it was a good idea to wait. It is a tasty tea so you will probably want to taste it properly.

Comments

Courtney

Japon is amazing! I hope you feel better soon so you can also enjoy it. :)

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada