drank Raspberry by Tea Desire

So, VariaTEA’s tasting note on Apple Strudel Pistachio really put me in the mood for pastry, except I’ve had lots of rooibos today so I wanted something with a different tea base (otherwise I would have just brewed up the same thing) – and this was the first thing I saw which fit that criteria.

Of course, right after that she posted a note for Pineapple Angel Food Cake Shou Mei which I also gave her, and still have some of which I hadn’t tried. That would have fit nicely too, except I’d already started making my cups already.

Anyway, this is still wonderful! My delicious buttery, flakey raspberry pastry tea! I know RiverTea has an equivalent to this too, so when I inevitably put in my next RiverTea order I’m gonna try to remember to get a sample for comparison’s sake.

Also, I spilled half the mug of this over my laptop – but thankfully I reacted quickly and everything seems to be fine and in working order. Thank God.

Fjellrev

You make this sound so damn appealing! I kept brushing past it in the store because I thought the raspberry would be artificial, kind of like how it is in Tender Orchid.

Roswell Strange

It tastes artificial if you over steep/use boiling water, but low steep temp./time and it’s AMAZING.

Fjellrev

Nice! I’ll give it a shot next time I visit a store.

Courtney

RiverTea has been popping up recently a fair bit. I’ll have to check them out.

Roswell Strange

Probably because they just launched. Their teas are delicious though! From the ones I’ve been fortunate enough to try, anyway.

Comments

Fjellrev

Fjellrev

Nice! I’ll give it a shot next time I visit a store.

Courtney

RiverTea has been popping up recently a fair bit. I’ll have to check them out.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada