Made some of this last night with milk to sip at whilst chain breeding on Pokemon. Initially I didn’t think this would be something I’d want to keep around because I wasn’t super impressed with my first few cups, but it’s really grown on me (especially now that I know to slightly overleaf). I may change my mind and add it to my list of things to reorder…

I’m increasing my rating.

Tabby

Nice! Are you shiny hunting?

Roswell Strange

Absolutely! Right now I’m on the hunt to add a shiny male and female Meowstic to my collection, nicknamed after lead characters in the Ibsen play Hedda Gabler. I have nine shinies so far, but none from chain breeding (all from in game encounters) – this is my first time using the Masudo method.

VariaTEA

Have you tried Pistachio Cream? If not I will toss it into our future order.

Roswell Strange

I had it once – the first thing I had in my timolino (as a tea to go). It was horribly oversteeped (like, half an hour) because that was before they replaced the broken brew basket and it had sunk to the bottom and couldn’t be removed so it steeped the whole bus right home, lol. It was pretty good, though despite that.

Tabby

Augh, that is so awesome. I’ve never had the patience to properly shiny hunt. That’s an impressive sized collection! Much respect, hehe!

Roswell Strange

I can’t take all the credit – one is the in game shiny Gyarados, and two were gifts from my brother (for various reasons), so I suppose only six of them were actually found by me. My Butterfree and Mightyena are my pride and joy, though! I’m not sure how I feel about chain breeding, though – but thankfully I have lots of spare time right now.

VariaTEA

@Roswell Strange – I will toss a bit more into our next swap so you can try it again. I find this and that tea similar but personally I prefer the other (though I know I am the minority in that opinion)

Fjellrev

I have no idea what chain breeding is. I haven’t really played since blue/red came out! Although I do have… diamond? But haven’t gotten very far.

Comments

Tabby

Nice! Are you shiny hunting?

VariaTEA

Have you tried Pistachio Cream? If not I will toss it into our future order.

Fjellrev

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: