I’ve accepted that this is just a really good cake tea without much fruit to it, so that what I was wanting when I grabbed it this afternoon to make a mug – although this has lots of larger fruit chunks in it that my sample from Janelle didn’t have (that one had no extra stuff in it other than black leaf) so I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t maybe secretly hoping for just a bit more pineapple from this cup…

Parameters were 1 1/2 tsp, for the 10 oz. mug of boiling water steeped for four minutes. The steeped smell is just the regular brown sugar heavy cake smell this normally has.

Taste wise it’s the same; perhaps the best cake tea I’ve ever had and very rich with deep, caramelized brown sugar notes. Sadly not even a touch of fruit taste – but that’s ok, I’ve accepted that’s not something I’m gonna get from this one. It’s amazing regardless, just with a poorly fitting name. No milk in this cup, but still super creamy regardless.

Yum!

Fjellrev

I didn’t get any fruit from this either. Maybe if I tried imaging hard enough, I’d get a bit haha.

Comments

Fjellrev

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada