drank Mango Lassi by DAVIDsTEA

So, when I had this cold brewed I didn’t like it at all – and I blamed that on my general fickleness when it comes to mango/chamomile which are both key ingredients in this tisane. For that reason I left it unrated. However, I still have some of this left to play around with so today I decided that I’d try it hot instead of cold brewed (and possibly as a slushie, down the road).

Parameters: 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf in 10 oz. of boiling water, steeped for seven minutes.

Steeped up, it actually does smell ok: very strong mango smell with minimal chamomile. Taste wise, it’s ok – the chamomile isn’t overwhelming at all and the mango is creamy with some lovely vanilla notes. Surprisingly, this is significantly better hot. I mean, that said, I’m not going to buy anymore of it but I’m very happy I’ve figured out a way to drink it down without choking it down!

Also, I have another interview tomorrow! Although, it’s inconveniently located and a pretty shitty job – but despite that I’m hopeful because it’d be fulltime work. It’s really early in the morning so that means I’m gonna have to go to bed a lot earlier today than I’m accustomed to…

Stephanie

Good luck on your interview!

OMGsrsly

Good luck! It’s good to hear you’re landing interviews, at least. :)

Comments

Stephanie

Good luck on your interview!

OMGsrsly

Good luck! It’s good to hear you’re landing interviews, at least. :)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada