drank Spiced Fig by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (203)!

Somehow this one keeps finding its way back to me, despite my not wanting to have it in my cupboard. this was one of the three free samples from the DAVIDsTEA order sent to me, so yet another time it’s wound up in my cupboard without my actually picking it out – the other being as a Christmas gift.

It’s heavy and weak in flavour, and just all around costly. Plus side? It’s easy enough to sipdown, so it never really sticks around long. This one has that going for it.

EDIT: I just checked out the DT site to see the new tea of the month, and am admittedly relieved that it’s not something I feel compelled to go buy. It’s another green…

I have lots of Hot Lips which sounds similar enough to me for me to pass (but I’ll try it once I’m out of Hot Lips). Although, the lack of ginger in the new one is a little compelling – also because I really like cloves.

Kristal

The plus side of it being so heavy is that it got out of my cupboard quickly!

VariaTEA

I also am not really interested in the new tea which is awesome because I don’t need more tea.

Kristal

I’ve been trying to cut back as well…although, hypocritically, I just bought $65 worth of tea…but to be fair the ones I have never had before I only bought 25 grams worth so in case I don’t care for them they won’t stick around my cupboard long!

VariaTEA

@Kristal – when it comes to teas I have not tried before, I now only get 10 g. That way it is enough for 2-3 cups so I can try it out but am not stuck with it if I don’t enjoy it.

Roswell Strange

When I get DT samples I get between 15g to 30g amounts depending on weight/price. That way I can do several hot cups to see if I can perfect a bad cup (if I have a bad cup) or do a cold brew to try that way.

Kristal

If I am really skeptical I will get less but I went for 25 grams just in case I liked the teas. Luckily I didn’t HATE any of the teas I just bought!

keychange

I tried the new tea in store today, and I don’t think you’re missing out. it just tastes like a cinnamon heart, and that’s honestly all-I don’t get too much of anything else at all—cloves, orange peel, base—just lots an dlots of cinnamon. I only had it in their shot glass thing though, so I only had a few small gulps.

Comments

Kristal

The plus side of it being so heavy is that it got out of my cupboard quickly!

Roswell Strange

keychange

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: