So, I can’t say I’ve actually ever had Candy Corn before now. It’s not that I was specifically avoiding it or didn’t want to try it or anything like that, it just has honestly never crossed my path until now and I never actively sought it out as something to try. I honestly didn’t even have an idea of what candy corn was supposed to taste like. Does it have a flavour? People just call it… Well, candy corn.

That said, before I actually brewed up my mug of this I took a look through the sample provided by Lala and came to come conclusions. There was enough leaf for about two decent sized cups but there were three pieces of candy corn so I figured that I could use a piece for each cup and eat one straight away to see what it was supposed to taste like. It tasted kind of like very, very sweet caramel to me. How have I not figured that out by now!? I love caramel.

So, I steeped some up basically just expecting a very sweet caramel-y black tea. I was actually pretty surprised that the whole thing melted! The taste was pretty accurate to what I expected though: highly sugary and slightly caramel flavoured black. Based on my one taste of candy corn I guess I can somewhat authentically and accurately say that it was pretty bang on? You know, ‘cause I’m obviously a candy corn expert now ;)

Actually though, it did start to get a little too much by the end of the cup though – almost cloying. One cup left: I’m sure it’ll be an easy enough sip down, though I don’t think I’m attached enough to be sad it’s gone.

Roswell Strange

Testing? Apparently we can’t comment on our own tasting notes?

Suziqzer

Love that you’re an expert after 1 candy corn ;). Love it!

Comments

Roswell Strange

Testing? Apparently we can’t comment on our own tasting notes?

Suziqzer

Love that you’re an expert after 1 candy corn ;). Love it!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada