I was right, my local store does still have this one! Although, it’s in a silver tin on the far left side of the wall (away from all the other teas), without a label just marked as “CC-M”. I took a guess that that stood for “Cocoa Canela – Mate” and was correct!

It’s nice having this in my cupboard again, and I immediately had to brew myself up a mug of it. Still amazing like that first cup from Isaila! I definitely think this tastes miles better than HI’s Cacao – although the key difference is that this is quite heavily caffeinated. But it’s perfect: sweet, milky chocolate with a dash of cinnamon sugar and little teeny whiffs of earth mate!

If this really, truly is getting discontinued then it’s a crying shame!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth, Nutmeg

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

I 100% agree on preferring this to Cacao. Good thing I have so much of it to enjoy.

OMGsrsly

Mmm, I do like this one. I should find what I have and have some tomorrow.

Comments

VariaTEA

OMGsrsly

Mmm, I do like this one. I should find what I have and have some tomorrow.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada