I don’t think I actually got any hibiscus in this mug (which I spilled half of on the couch because I foolishly attempted to jump onto the couch from behind the couch while holding a full mug of tea) – which actually changes the taste a fair bit. I don’t know why that really surprises me, though; hibiscus is a pretty loud flavour.

Anyway, the flavour I get sans hibiscus is still a pretty close to 50/50 pumpkin and apple cider, but less tart and a little more sweet. Like, I kind of get caramel or brown sugar notes? It’s good – anyway.

I’ve decided, though, that while I like this I don’t like it enough to repurchase it. Plus side, or maybe downside, is that this was pretty heavy so the leaf is being used up at a relatively consistent rate.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Courtney

I’ve been meaning to check out this company – I just pulled up their website and I didn’t realize they were in SK. That’s awesome.

Roswell Strange

I really like Candied Almond and Apple Strudel Pistachio, and am regretting not picking up any Ice Princess to try. Where are you located, if you don’t mind my asking?

Courtney

Hmm, but it doesn’t look like you can order online. I’m next door in AB right now.

Courtney

Apple Strudel Pistachio sounds divine.

Roswell Strange

When we do our swap, I can send you some of it! I know there’s a little blurb on the bottom of the site about doing special orders – but since I purchased in person, I haven’t really explored that option. The lady who owns/runs the store is super sweet and helpful, though!

Courtney

That sounds awesome :) I’m exploring their site right now, and they have so many tea options!

Roswell Strange

Actually, you should PM me with a list of things you’re interested in trying from my cupboard. Just ‘cause I can’t send a swap right now doesn’t mean I can’t start compiling one/setting things aside.

Courtney

Hahaha, alright I will take a look. :)

Courtney

Feel free to do the same! I have so many swaps going, I’ve got an external list to keep everything straight.

Roswell Strange

So, I totally just followed you on Tumblr – except then I remembered I’m using my roommate’s laptop which is logged into his tumblr. So, he just followed you on tumblr.

Courtney

I did just get that email. I just edited my profile today to include my Tumblr, yay!

Comments

Courtney

Courtney

Apple Strudel Pistachio sounds divine.

Courtney

Hahaha, alright I will take a look. :)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada