I made tea tonight for both Tre and I, and this is what he ended up having. He asked for something with “No cinnamon, licorice or lemon” and I was already making this for him when I remembered that a third of this is DT’s Earl of Lemon (a flavour he didn’t want) and a third is McQuarrie’s “Ontario Ice Wine” (a flavour he absolutely hated and flat out refused to be served). Oops.

I stole a few sips from his mug before I doused it in sugar and passed it off. It tasted pretty good, maybe a little bergamot heavy though.

It worked out – he liked it for the most part (said he could taste the Goji). He didn’t mention noticing the lemon or the ice wine in it – so yay for that!

Flavors: Berries, Flowers, Lemon Zest, Melon

Courtney

Haha the specificity. J has three teas he drinks and that is it.

Roswell Strange

I have to really catch him in a good mood to convince him to drink any of my tea – and normally he just lets me pick whatever (and then drowns it in sugar) or sticks with either coconut (he loves coconut) or something he’s tried already (like salted Caramel or Brasiliano). He constantly contradicts himself though – partially because I think his palette is undeveloped and also because he hasn’t tried enough to know what he likes. For example, he claims to hate black tea but 90% of the tea I serve him is black, and he seems to like it with sugar. He’s also complained way more about the white tea I’ve given him (it was flavourless). And, anytime I serve him something with chocolate he tastes mint…

Comments

Courtney

Haha the specificity. J has three teas he drinks and that is it.

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada