So, I was frustrated this wouldn’t come up in the search bar. In fact, nothing was showing up in the search bar so I went to look to see if I had misspelled something and instead of typing Pomegranate Oolong I definitely entered in “VariaTEA”.

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample sachets. Next cup will be a sipdown, so I may take advantage of that and make it sooner rather than later.

Dry this definitely gives off a very floral scent and all a pretty strong scent of pomegranate – though if I was smelling it blindly I may mistake it for a muddled raspberry. Taste wise, this is definitely floral and a greener oolong with some vegetal notes in here too. I get the fruitiness of the oolong, but it’s not incredibly distinct so I’m not incredibly sure if I could blindly point it out as pomegranate. There also just a tiny bit of butteryness.

Concluding thoughts are that this is definitely enjoyable and pleasant, but it’s not unique or distinct enough for me to feel that I could justify purchasing it. Ultimately, I think I would also crave my Raspberry Oolong from Tea Desire over it because it shares many of the same characteristics and it much more available. The only thing that would maybe compel me to make this a purchase is the beautiful tin design.

I have to say, I’ve tried several Harney blends now and while they’ve not been bad only one has really impressed me greatly.

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

I have certainly done that before. I have also typed in “sipdown”.

Comments

VariaTEA

I have certainly done that before. I have also typed in “sipdown”.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada