Sipdown! Though, I drank this before it actually made it into my cupboard, so there’s no number attached to it…

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. I was really curious about it and with the recent reblend not knowing whether I’d want a full pouch or not was killing me – so getting to taste a small amount was most welcome.

Overall, I would say this is a good Genmaicha and it did have a sort of creamy sweetness to it that made it different from a regular Genmaicha, enough so that had I been trying this blindly I would have known it was flavoured with something – I just doubt I could have placed what. There definitely wasn’t cherry, or really any fruit, flavour though. So that was disappointing.

All in all, a good and enjoyable cup but not something I’d want more of based on that cup alone. I guess I kinda got Cheesecake from it though?

Flavors: Cream, Grass

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

The one cup I had, I was not a fan of it.

Comments

VariaTEA

The one cup I had, I was not a fan of it.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada