This morning before my first day of work I intercepted a MASSIVE package from aisling of tea/De right before the mailman was about to leave (without knocking). I only noticed because I was up in the bootroom trying to find my work shoes. If I hadn’t bee, he’s have left and I’d have been none the wiser.

Seriously though, there’s well over 250g worth of tea from what they sent me including a TON of matcha which I’m very, very excited by. I’m going to be set on matcha for a nice long time! Hooray! They also sent me the cutest most adorable plush Polar Bear and he’s currently hanging out on the couch along with my pile of build a bears.

Anyway, this was also included in their swap pack which was very unexpected and which I was really excited by. It was the first “tea” I had all day. However, sadly I didn’t really like it too much.

Personally, I ADORE white chocolate. I even, around Easter, would put in special requests to the “Easter Bunny” to only received white chocolate eggs/candies because I can’t stand other hard chocolate in larger than a Hershey kiss size amount – I get sick of it way too quickly. However, the problem I had with this was that it was WAY too sweet and sugary.

Like, I know white chocolate is sweet; I’m not an idiot. But this took it to a whole new level and I couldn’t finish more than a bite size this morning and then another small bite size later in the evening with supper while on break. It likely didn’t help that the matcha in this was super seaweedy, which was mostly counteracted by the sweet white chocolate but kinda left an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth on top of the sweetness.

So, I’m going to see if I can pass this on to someone else – but if not I’ll probably very slowly finish it off over the course of the next few days. Thanks so much though aisling of tea/De – if you haden’t passed this along I would have bought a whole bar for myself and then been pretty disappointed, so I’m glad I got to try this in a ‘no risk/loss’ way.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Seaweed

VariaTEA

So I am glad I got you the Cadbury bar instead of this. It being sold out was a sign :P

Daddyselephant

Yay! I’m glad the package made it to you!

Christina / BooksandTea

Yeah, I had a similar reaction to this chocolate bar, although you were much gentler about it than me. I just thought the sweet/salty combination (especially the seaweed notes) didn’t work at all.

Comments

VariaTEA

Daddyselephant

Yay! I’m glad the package made it to you!

Christina / BooksandTea

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: