drank Boatsman by RiverTea

Sipdown (202/204)!

This note was much longer last night, but to my chagrin we lost our internet connection and I lost my tasting note (and couldn’t watch any TV finish my backlog).

Had this as a cold brew at work. In total, this sat for nine/ten(ish) hours. I’m actually really happy I discovered this one as a cold brew, because it was great for using up leaf, gets an older tea out of the way and tastes a lot better than the hot version. Win win win!

And as far as work goes, I feel like I’m really getting into a rhythm – not just with the job itself but with having a routine and consistent bedtime/wake up time. I feel like I was at a point where I really needed that.

But yes; this is gone now and I’m pretty ok with that. More cupboard space and all that. It was cool having this hand picked for me, though – and I still adore the name. I wont be surprised if I find it being added to future RiverTea orders.

And hey, I’m officially 19! I think that means it’s time to try some tea infused martinis…

MissB

Woot! Happy birthday! :)

OMGsrsly

I hope work continues going well for you, and you have a lovely birthday!

boychik

Happy Birthday!!!

keychange

happy birthday! drink all your favourite tea!

mrs.stenhouse12

Happy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful, tea filled day! :D

Jennkay

Happy birthday! There’s a cocktail with sweet tea called Mason Dixon that I’ve been meaning to try. Maybe when the weather warms up!

moraiwe

Happy birthday and many happy returns! :)

YAAAAY! happy birthday!

carol who

Happy birthday! Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

caile

Happy birthday!!

K S

Fjellrev

Happy happy birthday to you!

Cavocorax

Happy Birthday!

Comments

MissB

Woot! Happy birthday! :)

OMGsrsly

I hope work continues going well for you, and you have a lovely birthday!

boychik

Happy Birthday!!!

keychange

happy birthday! drink all your favourite tea!

mrs.stenhouse12

Happy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful, tea filled day! :D

Jennkay

moraiwe

Happy birthday and many happy returns! :)

YAAAAY! happy birthday!

carol who

Happy birthday! Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

caile

Happy birthday!!

K S

Fjellrev

Happy happy birthday to you!

Cavocorax

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – the only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA