And on the 10th day of Christmas Steepster gave to me, Ten Lords a Leaping…

Fun fact: I just typed out “Lordes”, like the Royals singer, instead of “Lords” and now I’m giggling a little bit.

Other Fun Fact: It took me an embarrassingly long time to get to this tea from the 12 Days of Christmas swap (this day was provided by Kelci), and I’m sorry about that!

Straight blacks are morning teas for me, and often I’m not really up in the “morning”. And I guess this sample just got pushed to the very back of the sample drawer in my kitchen. I recently reorganized it though, which is when I found this and moved it to the top.

I think I may have added in too much milk though because that’s practically all I could taste in the blend, other than some faint generic (but nice generic) black tea with maybe a tiny bit of floral notes? I have one more cup though, so when I make it tomorrow for work (to get the sipdown in) I’ll use less milk and see what other flavours I notice.

It was good, though!

Suziqzer

I like black teas in the morning too… I think it’s more of a mental thing. Thinking more caffeine to get the day started, and hey, I grew up on mostly black tea and iced tea, so it’s more familiar

Comments

Suziqzer

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: