Our lovely MissB talks so highly about this one that the last time I was in Tea Desire I took the plunge and bought 50g of this to take home. It wasn’t a hard sell; I trust her opinion a lot plus it has caramel in it and a lot of it, which is a favourite flavour of mine in general, and I got to smell it in store as well so it wasn’t like I was just blindly ordering from their site. It smelled awesome, by the way.

I finally made it up tonight. I wasn’t sure if this was a Pu’Erh that really needed to be rinsed, so I did a quick 20 sec. rinse with warm water just in case. A five minute steep later, and I had my mug of this ready to go. It still smells incredible!

Man, this is a flat out tasty, tasty tea. It has the familiar caramel/toffee flavour I’ve experienced in other Tea Desire blends like Victoria Mint or Sweet Toffee but this is much earthier and almost “gritty” – but in a good way. It’s thick and creamy too, and very very rich.

I honestly think this is the first (but hopefully not the last) Pu’Erh I’ve tried that I’d want to keep restocked or in quantity; and hey, I have 50g of it now so that works out well! Looks like I’m going to need to clear out a spot in the tea closet for tins of Pu’Erh – at the moment such a section does not exist.

Flavors: Caramel, Earth

Sami Kelsh

Oh yes! Caramel and pu’erh should just get married. YES.

MissB

Oh, wow! Thank you. :) I’m so glad that you enjoyed it.

Comments

Sami Kelsh

Oh yes! Caramel and pu’erh should just get married. YES.

MissB

Oh, wow! Thank you. :) I’m so glad that you enjoyed it.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada