drank Gold Rush by DAVIDsTEA

Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven’t had it in a while, so I thought “why not?”. This is a more expensive one to refill so I don’t have it on a regular basis – but it’s so good that I totally could.

It’s basically a super yummy cuppa of hot, liquid caramel and coconut. Mmm! So sweet and indulgent and rich! Plus you can still slightly taste the silverneedle which is awesome because I really enjoy silverneedles…

Watching the BBCan2 live feeds now, and someone just made a cup of green tea. It had me thinking that, should I ever make it into the house (which I hope to, someday) then I’d have to go without all my tea. It’d be one of the hardest things to do, but for Big Brother I think I could do it…

I’d try to smuggle in a few tins, though ;)

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Cavocorax

Ooooh, Gold Rush!
And you wouldn’t be able to bring your own tea in? Is it because the sponsors choose it all?

Roswell Strange

They only get certain foods in the house because of the branding; the brands have to give their consent to be included (because you can see everything the house guests eat), and then also get Big Brother approval. I highly doubt all my tea companies would give consent ;) Though perhaps if I brought them in unmarked tins and just never talked about what I was drinking? That’d be hard though…

Roswell Strange

As it is, they have bagged Green tea (ick), possibly a bagged black, I think a peppermint, and then iced tea? Like Brisk or something like that…

Suziqzer

I imagine you could get them to let a brand of loose leaf in if the brand paid for sponsorship of the show. Just a thought… Might not have to be totally without.

Comments

Cavocorax

Ooooh, Gold Rush!

Suziqzer

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada