drank Amaretto by Tea Desire

Sorta Sipdown (163/167)!

Sending this one off to 221Tea as well. I actually really enjoy it despite how low my rating is; the problem is that it’s super finicky and hard to get right – so good cups are, in my opinion, few and far between. I’m hoping she has an easier time with it though.

This cup was actually pretty good; the almond/amaretto was thick and strong and tread the line between sweet and bitter very well right up until the cup cooled down, but even then it only slightly took on a bitter edge. However, I also kept my steep time on this short: 1 and a half minutes.

So that’s my parting advice to you 221Tea – if you want more good cups than bad cups don’t let your steep time go over two minutes! If you keep things nice and short this can be a really lovely, marzipan like dessert tea. And who doesn’t want that, right?

221tea

Oooooh! I look forward to it! Thanks for the advice!

Comments

221tea

Oooooh! I look forward to it! Thanks for the advice!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada