drank Magicienne by Nina's Paris

Sipdown (178/182)!

Oh man, this tea really shocked me.

I cold brewed it for about eight hours and I brought it to work with me today. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to like it because A) it’s green and B) I’ve had another Pineapple/Coconut tea from Nina’s Paris and it really disappointed me so I expected this to be like that but with a different base – a base that I happen to really not like. So, it didn’t sound promising at all.

I was really taken aback when I tried it though: you could tell it was a green blend because the vegetal quality came through fairly strong but it really worked with the fresh tangy, and just overwhelmingly sweet and juicy quality of the pineapple. I don’t know if it’s even possible with pineapple – but it felt like “fresh squeezed” pineapple juice. How do you even go about squeezing a pineapple? Huh!?

And then, the coconut was very tropical in the same way that I found DT’s Coconut Grove was – and that of course suited the pineapple (hello, “Pina Colada” – the two are a natural pairing) but I was surprised how well it suited the green tea too. And thankfully, it was not disgustingly buttery in taste/mouthfeel like Nina’s blend Cancer was.

I felt like this tea pulled me out of my miserable work day and set me on some fun, tropical beach with a cup of this in my hand in a fancy martini glass type thing with a fun paper umbrella and brightly striped bendy straw! I’m so sad that this one is gone now!

Thanks a million VariaTEA for the sample! I was so happy to be proven wrong about that I thought this would be like; and it was a great reminded too of why I really loving doing swaps: sometimes you find that really special gem of tea that you wouldn’t want to try otherwise.

I’d definitely order this.

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad this one was successful in light of the Cancer fiasco

Comments

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad this one was successful in light of the Cancer fiasco

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada