Sipdown (182/188)!

New tea from a new company, so thank you VariaTEA and by extension Dustin!

I wasn’t sure what was in this when I steeped it up; I just knew it was an easy sipdown so I took advantage of that. Dry I did get a very floral feel from it though; which I guess would have been the lavender.

Hmm, this is really weird but in an agreeably good way. I don’t usually like lavender in, well, anything; the “exception” is DT’s blend Jessie’s Tea (but that’s because of the coconut). However, paired with the strong strawberry flavour here, and with the black base I think this is jarringly tasty. I’m also really impressed just how present all the listed ingredients are because, like I said, dry I only smelled something generically floral.

And I have to point out that this is another blueberry tea that I really enjoy; that seems to, as of late, be a surprisingly reoccurring thing what with my aversion to almost all things blueberry flavoured in general…

I don’t even know where or how I’d go about getting a hold of more of this; but I’d maybe like to do so; it’s really, really good! I don’t think the one cup is going to be enough to keep me happy…

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it so much. I thought it was very pleasant but wasn’t in love so I thought you might like to try.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada