drank Frankenberry by 52teas

Sipdown (166/172)!

I christened my new Adeline Poppy mug with this one today before work! I brought the whole sample from VariaTEA along with me and since I had a bunch of time before I started my shift I took major advantage of my tea set up at work to brew some proper tea. All my coworkers “oo-ed” and “ah-ed” at the perdy new mug. It’s much nicer than all the shitty white mugs with the “Dollarama” logo on them that we all use…

So this new mug is pretty big; at least 12 oz. but I’m thinking it’s actually more like 16, so I ended up using the whole sample from VariaTEA for the whole mug. Hooray for teaware lending itself to faster sipdowns!

Taste wise, I thought this was pleasant enough but not breath taking or anything overly unique: the 52Teas black base was really present at first but as this cooled down it settled into the background and I got more of the strawberry flavour. The marshmallow root didn’t add a lot. Actually it was hardly noticeable to me. More so the malt stood out and this was a somewhat weird “malty strawberry”.

Definitely wouldn’t restock and I think if I received it again in a swap I’d just pass it on to someone else, but I’d probably drink it again if it was served to me. Like I said, it wasn’t bad.

Flavors: Astringent, Malt, Strawberry

VariaTEA

I’m in the same boat you are but unfortunately I bought a bag of this. I think it will be tossed into the swap pile. That or I had a friend who seemed to enjoy it so I may just pass it on to her

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada