Sipdown (181/187)!

Again, thanks to Sil for this one! I finished off the sample by making it in my timolino and taking it to work. I think it traveled well in the timolino because the flavours were consistent with what I remember them being with my first cup here at home. It’s definitely good to know that if I do decided to order this one it’ll be something I can take to work with me when I’m in need of that all important caffeine boost.

The big difference I found was that I actually let part of this get cold and I thought it tasted better cold! Not nearly as much guayusa flavour which could be good for this who dislike the taste of guayusa – and I thought the lime stood out much more prominently. This makes me excited for the prospect of a cold brew with this one, which I had initially considered but ended up deciding against.

I should really update my profile description because I drink cold brewed tea about 50/50 with hot tea now. Welp.

But ultimately I have no idea whether this is something I want more of. It’s good but it’s not necessarily that good. I feel like I’ve discovered a lot of areas it has great intentional in though; cold brews, travelling. So I think it’s going to depend on the mood I’m in when I place my order and possibly where I need some extra stuff to reach the free shipping thresh hold? Bleck. Lots to think about and consider. I mean, I don’t really need more tea, so…

Flavors: Berries, Lime, Rainforest

Stephanie

I think guayusa blends travel very well especially iced! Have you tried Good Morning Sunshine? That is my other fave Guayusa! Super lemony and creamy :)

Courtney

Ooh, iced! Stephanie that is brilliant. I can’t wait to place a Butiki order and get some of this one for myself. Seriously awesome idea.

Roswell Strange

I’ve had Cider Guayusa and Good Morning Sunshine (prepared at home and as travel teas). Sometimes I think GMS travels well, othertimes not so much. I far prefer Cider Guayusa to either of these, and I think I prefer this to GMS.

Comments

Stephanie

Courtney

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada