Sipdown (179/185)!

This is the first thing I’m having from the newest package of teas VariaTEA has sent me; it was the easiest to work into my tea line up for the day because I just made it alongside the other cup of matcha I was having this morning.

Man, this smells strong! What’s the flavouring level here? Because I cracked open the package from you and literally this is the first thing I could smell. It was intense, even after VariaTEA double bagging it! Good intense though; like marzipan and yum!

Whisked into milk, it frothed up at a seriously insane level. Like, I had to wait for the froth to go away so I could pour more milk in the cup – the froth was taking up all the space! And it tasted pretty good; really strong and very rich and marzipan like. I would have enjoyed it an awful lot but I found that there was a faint chemical edge to the aftertaste. Like it was almost too much almond concentrated into the one cup of cold milk.

I have to say, I’m glad I got this from you because I was semi curious about it, and it’s Red Leaf’s free tea sample of the month for June so I think I would have picked up the free sample if I hadn’t got this from you. But now trying it I can say that yeah this is really good but just the one experience is probably enough to keep my satisfied especially given how much matcha I have on hand right now anyway.

Thanks VariaTEA!

Flavors: Almond, Marzipan

VariaTEA

NayLynn was actually the one who sent this to me and she was the smart one who thought to double bag it. I simply passed it along so you can try all the matchas too :)

Roswell Strange

Thanks to NayLynn too then!

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Thanks to NayLynn too then!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada