Oh God.

So currently I’m drinking two cups of tea and watching Firefly while painting my nails (neon blue and orange) – and apparently I’m trying to do way too much stuff because I just took a huge swig of this only to taste chemical and find a cotton ball in my mouth.

I was using nail polish remover soaked cotton balls to take off the old polish and I tossed ‘em all onto the same table as my tea as I was done with them. Apparently I inadvertently “scored a basket” or some nonsense like that and one of them landed in my tea. No no no! So yeah, even though I spat it all back out I probably just drank some nail polish remover. I don’t think that’s a good thing.

But anyway, sample comes from VariaTEA and thankfully I have enough left for one more cup. Before this little incident, I was tasting primarily light chocolate and maybe a bit of honey drizzle sweetness? Where does the berry part come into play? It’s not in the ingredients, and I’m not tasting berries regardless of ingredient accuracy so what was the thought there?

Anyway – I though this was decent but not exceptional or memorable, up until the cotton ball thing that is…

Angrboda

It was probably very diluted by the tea, but even so I would follow up with plenty of clean water and pay attention to how you feel. Ring your doctor if you start feeling uncomfortable.

OMGsrsly

I am laughing so much! Sounds like something I’d do. :) Hope you’re feeling ok.

ohfancythat

Hahahahah gross! Hope you were ok after

VariaTEA

Oh dear. I mean, if you didn’t like the tea, you didn’t have to drink it. No need to resort to poisoning yourself in order to dump the cup :P. Seriously though, I hope you are okay because drinking nail polish removed can’t be good.

Comments

Angrboda

OMGsrsly

I am laughing so much! Sounds like something I’d do. :) Hope you’re feeling ok.

ohfancythat

Hahahahah gross! Hope you were ok after

VariaTEA

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

I drink a balance of flavoured tea and straight/traditional teas – in all formats. I prefer to have a wide, and general knowledge over many types of teas and catagories rather than focus on any one specific tea: a jack of all teas, master of none. Loose, bagged, matcha, Western style, iced, latted, Gongfu…

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – the only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “exploratory” phase…

I like to listen to music when drinking tea, especially when I’m brewing a large pot at a time or steeping Gongfu. Often I curate very intentional tea and music pairings, and sometimes I share them here in my tasting reviews. Music is something that I find can deeply affect the experience of having tea.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Man: Leopold
Brass Mouse: Stilton

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA