Many thanks to Dexter for the thoughtful sample of this one! I’ve decided to make today a Firefly/Dammann Frere’s day primarily and now that I’ve finished off my Firefly teas for the day it’s definitely time to get started on DF.

This smells awesome, and steeped up you know what? It’s pretty fucking awesome too. This is definitely a very juicy, ripe candy sweet cherry taste! It is strikingly familiar to another cherry taste I’m familiar with and I struggled for a long time to place what but I finally hit the nail on the head: Tootsie sells bags of assorted fruit flavoured tootsie chews that come in lemon, lime, orange, vanilla, and cherry flavour. This tastes exactly like the cherry tootsie rolls! And that’s a good thing for me personally; the only flavours I like in those fruit bags are vanilla and cherry – and I like them a lot. Enough so that I buy the large bags just for those flavours and then usually give away the others because they’re nasty. They should sell the flavours separately…

I already have a black cherry tea; but I think I could make room for this one too. They really are drastically different but still perfect cherry teas. I still have another cup of this one though, so I’ll cherish that cup and then decide on whether I want to go the route of trying to get my hands on more of this. But yum!

Flavors: Cherry

Cameron B.

A couple of years ago I bought a giant bag of all vanilla tootsie rolls. It was during Halloween and they were marketing them as ghosts or something because they’re white. Kind of a stretch in my opinion but I was happy.

VariaTEA

What is your black cherry tea?!?

Roswell Strange

Des Roses et Des Bonbons, silly…

Hahaha my bad

Comments

Cameron B.

VariaTEA

What is your black cherry tea?!?

Roswell Strange

Des Roses et Des Bonbons, silly…

Hahaha my bad

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada