Sipdown (155/161)!

Damnit guys, many apologies to Cavocorax and Courtney; I’m not sure why but I seem to have the shittiest memory when it comes to blends I got from you two and I’m consistently unsure which one of you things are from. I have no clue why I confuse stuff sent from you both! I’m pretty sure this is a Courtney tea? But maybe not. And then, if this is from neither of you then super apologies to whoever it was from.

I put off having this because the dry leaf smelled like… Nothing.

Turns out that was a mistake; I’ve never had a Lemon/Caramel mixed blend but damn this was amazing! It was super rich, creamy lemon – definitely meringue like as promised! And the toffee? So good. Like, it was light handed but still very rich and sticky sweet. And the black base was very, very smooth! I was excited and in love the whole time! If I had to describe this one in a single word I think I’d pick “sexy”.

So this one…

On the wishlist, big time. I want more. Good thing I think I know someone who can get me some! Hehehe…

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Cream, Lemon, Pastries, Toffee

Anna

Cavocortnax.

Also yay! Glad to see you enjoying DF so much.

Roswell Strange

I swear it’s the "C"s and the fact my stuff from them came so close together that messes me up.

C is for cookie..it’s good enough to eat..

Comments

Anna

Cavocortnax.

Also yay! Glad to see you enjoying DF so much.

Roswell Strange

C is for cookie..it’s good enough to eat..

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada