Haven’t had this one in a long time but I thought with a 4:30PM to 1:00AM (although we finished an hour early…) shift it’d probably be a good idea to bring a mate to get me through it. I’ve had all my other mate blends more recently so this one jumped out at me more so than the others.

I’m glad I made it again; it reminded me just how tasty this one is which is good because I was starting to think of it as something that would be a pain to finish off and now I remember that I don’t want it finished off! I want this one stocked! It’s delicious! This is why I should drink older blends more often; when I neglect things I forget just how good they are!

Basically it was like a rich, slightly earthy cup of hot chocolate with a shot of raspberry syrup in it: indulgent and divine! I’m so happy I’m at a point in my cupboard where I feel comfortable revisiting old favourites (although with the recent arrival of the SSTTB that might take a back seat for a short while). Mmm Chocolate Rocket!

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Raspberry

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: