drank Kenyan Black by Justea

SSTTB: Pick #18

More exploration of straight blacks. I’m not really sure how many Kenyan ones I’ve had but this smelled kinda chocolatey and that seemed pretty promising. I feel like I was so terribly wrong though!

Never have I ever experienced such strong and in your face raisin notes in a tea! Not grape but foul, disgusting raisins. ICK ICK ICK! Not for me. Eww. Yuck. Like, there were other elements in here; some chocolate, some malt, a little citrus maybe? But they couldn’t even come close to negating the nastiness of this one.

I guess I wont rate it because I have a severe aversion to raisin stuff to begin with so my rating would be heavily biased but if I was going to rate it I suppose it’d be something along the lines of a 10? Noooooo! Not a raisin fan. Barf.

Flavors: Chocolate, Citrus, Malt, Raisins

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mikumofu

It’s good to see someone so passionate about raisins in the right way, haha!

Comments

Mikumofu

It’s good to see someone so passionate about raisins in the right way, haha!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada