I bought this beauty today at DT! I think I’d have gotten it even if it didn’t glow in the dark; that’s just an added bonus that makes it even cooler! And of course when I got home today I had to christen it.

I was so excited to make something in it that I even missed the fact there was a sticker in the mug, so I drank most of my tea with the little sticker half stuck to the bottom of the mug. Welp.

Here’s what it says though: “Hand wash only with mild detergent – no abrasive sponges. Do not soak. Do not microwave.” I feel like it’s important to post that info here for anyone considering buying this one. Personally, no big deal for me. I typically hand wash my mugs anyway because I do a better more thorough job that the dishwasher does. And obviously the extra precautions are needed because of the glow in the dark stuff on the mug. I bet if you didn’t care about it glowing it wouldn’t matter, though.

And speaking of the glow in the dark aspect; it actually legitimately does glow in the dark. Tyrell didn’t believe me, and I was curious to actually see it glow, so we shut off all the lights to check it out. It glows bright. Like, not subtle glowing but “for realsies” glow in the dark. Definitely very cool.

Other things to note: my only other perfect mug is the glass one with frosted octopus tentacle on the side, and compared to that one this one seems much more structurally sound and has thicker sides and a thicker handle. And the red is beautiful and vibrant; as an added bonus it also matches the colour scheme of my other dishes and the plain set of mugs I’ve had since moving in.

I feel like this mug and I will be very happy together.

mj

LOL @ that last line

Frolic

I don’t know if I like that design but I hope they continue to make cool cups like the heat sensitive ones and glow in the dark. One day there will finally be one that catches my fancy.

ashmanra

At least it didn’t say, “Do not lick sticker, extremely toxic.” Sounds like a really cool mug. :)

OMGsrsly

I thought that mug was SO CUTE! Tempting, but I have 2 octopuses I’m very happy with. Ahem.

Roswell Strange

I have an Octopus too (but I was drawn in by the frosty glass one…) as well as the Pineapple bubble mugs! And then non DT stuff like Peekaboo Giraffe, All My Friends are Dead Dinosaur, and my Poppy Adeline infuser mug (such a beauty!)… Slowly but surely I’ll replace all my boring mugs with an array of fancy ones!

TheTeaFairy

I do that also Roswell, every time I buy a new fun mug, I get rid of a boring one…you seem to have an awesome collection :-)

Comments

mj

LOL @ that last line

Frolic

ashmanra

OMGsrsly

Roswell Strange

TheTeaFairy

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: