Sipdown (142/149)!

Ugh, damn you Tre for distracting me with conversation! I mean, good conversation but still! I wanted to actually cook myself supper tonight and not just microwave shit, and I wanted to enjoy several cups of tea, and now it’s 2AM and I feel like having caffeinated things at this time of night would not be wise even though I start work late again tomorrow…

I had this one during the day though! I made the last little bit in my timolino and added some milk to it. It was a nice send of: the tea was really smooth and creamy with silky butterscotch notes and lighter but still present banana notes. The 52Teas black base, which has its own really distinct flavour, was present but in a way that just fit everything really well and wasn’t too distracting. No bitterness or astringency.

So all in all this was a really nice way to finish this one off. I’m not too heart broken to see it go though; I burned through a lot of it, and I kind of feel like it was reaching the point where the taste was starting to diminish. It was from my very first 52Teas order though which, fair enough, was less than a year ago – but still, not super fresh (and I kept it in Frank’s packaging too, which has the clear window – so I feel like that “aged” it quicker too).

Also, since this might be my last tasting note for the night I want to thank everyone who PMed me following my remarks on my most recent Kiwi’s Big Adventure tasting note – everyone’s opinions/thoughts and personal experiences were quite varied, and all good things to keep in mind and take into consideration.

I still don’t know how I feel about things or how Tyrell does completely, and it’s something that I really feel like we’re going to have to talk about in person and not just through text – but now I have a lot more of an idea on how to go about that.

I’ll say it again, as I have many times before: The Steepster community is an amazing one! It’s incredible and breathtaking how great you all are in regard to not only tea knowledge but life knowledge, and allowing people to open up about their personal lives to people who really, honestly give a damn. Personally I wouldn’t have had anyone in my “Real Life” to talk to about that, so it means a lot to have people here that I can confide in.

Nxtdoor

Hear hear!

Comments

Nxtdoor

Hear hear!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada