Well this is a sipdown of sorts, despite my cupboard number not changing at all. This mug used up the last of my old leaf, so now I just have the 70g I bought of the new formula/blend (although it’s very similar). It feels satisfying using the leaf up given how old it was, but part of me also feels like I’m losing out on something now that my long hoarded rations of this are all gone.

It’s ok; I still have more of this left – and it’s new and fresh! Someday I’ll likely have the same feelings about that tin worth.

I enjoyed this while eating pizza; I caved and ordered pizza for myself (it’s rainy out and I felt zero motivation to cook) and wings for Tre – my treat. Between the two of us we definitely have a problem though: there are nine old pizza boxes stacked up in the kitchen (we’d put them in the recycling bin like normal, but the landlord has totally filled it with stuff from his renovations) right now, and the two new ones from tonight in the fridge. I feel like I should be so, so ashamed of this. I am, a little. I feel like not enough…

Anyway, yeah; root beer tea and pizza. It’d be a good combo, except this last mug had the drags of the 50g bag I’ve been hoarding and was really cinnamon heavy. Still good! Just, really, really cinnamon heavy – and that tasted weird against my Feta/Pineapple pizza. Oh well.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cream, Root Beer, Vanilla

Cheri

There are times when we’ll have pizza boxes and carry out containers stacked like that. It happens. No shame.

Suziqzer

Feta and pineapple pizza… Not a combo we would see around here…Sounds interesting.

Comments

Cheri

Suziqzer

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada