drank Pineapple Oolong by Lupicia

Thanks to Dexter for the sample!

This was a hot cup (but I’ve since finished it off as a cold brew, note to be posted later tonight) and I thought it was pretty good. The oolong was really present and very green/floral but that worked well with the ripe, juicy taste of the pineapple. There was a distracting element that took me a while to place but I finally nailed it: butter.

Yup, that’s right. There was a very, very strong butter flavour (like the kind you put on your popcorn) that kept creeping up into my sips, and that detracted from the overall taste for me. While I enjoyed this, I have to say I do think I like Butiki’s Flowery Pineapple Oolong better; the pineapple is juicier and there’s no weird butter thing going on.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Floral, Pineapple, Vegetal

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

Cathy Baratheon

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!

Comments

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

Cathy Baratheon

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada