Sipdown (139/146)!

Had a nice sleep and then woke up with some tasty poptarts, so now I guess back to backlogged tasting notes! I have probably a few hours worth of writing left to go, but I’m happy to do it!

This was a cold brew and I have to say that overall it was definitely a step up from the hot cup. On the whole I was kinda reminded of cinnamon nut bread or cinnamon sugar cookies; obviously the cinnamon was really present, and the nut too (but in a lesser way than the spice). I could tell it was walnut from the almost maple-y sweetness it gave off. There was some generic fruitiness too; but nothing distinct or even close to “Tropical”. Yeah, I guess overall I’m not impressed with this blend so I’m totally happy to have it out of my cupboard.

Side Story, on the day I drank this/wrote my notes for this my package from the lovely Courtney arrived in the mail (I’ve since tried every tea she included) and Tre had the day off and he spontaneously went into house cleaning mode which he never does, and I’m still not sure what prompted it.

He asked me to buy those giant “up to your elbow” gloves from work though so he could clean the toilet, and we only sell highly “feminine” ones at the store (seriously; all various shades of pink with rhinestones sewn into them and stupid sayings and stuff) – but I picked up a pair anyway. My phrase options were “Perfect Wife” or “Domestic Goddess” which seems so stupid and almost sexist to me. I went with Domestic Goddess in pastel pink. Tre was not impressed. But you know what? I’m not impressed with our highly sexist options at the store. Why is it assumed that the cleaning stuff is going to be used by women? That’s actually pretty demeaning.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nutty, Walnut

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada