drank Coconut Grove by DAVIDsTEA

Where does the time go?

No really, where? It feels like it was 3PM and then I blinked and it was 8PM. What happened? Ugh.

Anyway, this cold brew was fantastic – but nothing significantly out of the usual so I don’t have much, if anything, to add. I’ve been toying with the idea of adding milk to a cold brewed version of this. Anyone done that? Thoughts? Maybe on just adding milk to cold brews in general? I’m pretty sure I’ve never added milk to cold brewed tea before…

mj

Could you just cold brew it in milk? Is that a thing?

Roswell Strange

That’s a good question. I don’t know…

OMGsrsly

I’ve cold brewed chai in almond milk before. Do it just like you would in water. :)

caile

I also was thinking today of what milk would be like in iced tea… I haven’t done it either, but I suppose I have drank tea with milk that has become cool from sitting which would be similar. I only have put milk in black tea though..
I’m sure this one would be tasty that way – you should give it a try.

caile

That cold brewed chai in almond milk sounds good!

OMGsrsly

Yeah, it was! One of the super cinnamony teavana ones, so it went really well. It was best after just a few hours though. I can see other teas needing more time for the flavours to come out.

Dexter

Cold steep chai really strong in WATER, and then added milk and sweetener to make iced chai latter – I’ve done the same thing with some coffee esqu teas (things like coffee mate and Davids coffee pu’erh) – iced coffee latte but tea. Cold steeped Special Dark with a touch of milk is FANTASTIC.
It’s your tea, if you think it would be good steeped IN milk, or drank with some milk added – I say go for it….

Comments

mj

Could you just cold brew it in milk? Is that a thing?

Roswell Strange

That’s a good question. I don’t know…

caile

I’m sure this one would be tasty that way – you should give it a try.

caile

That cold brewed chai in almond milk sounds good!

Dexter

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: