Apparently I didn’t rate this the last time I had it; not really so sure why but I’ll do that this time around!

When I made my mug of this I was kinda in a “meh, this’ll do” mood in regard to picking out this tea; I knew I wanted rooibos, but I wasn’t sold on this particular blend. However, it ended up being delicious and very satisfying. The orange was very, very juicy and made my whole mouth sorta salivate (as sorta gross as that is to share?). I felt like the orange flavour kinda penetrated every surface of my mouth. And then, the orange was complimented by a vaguely generic nut flavour; although I think I can somewhat confidently say it was slightly more specific to Pistachio – just from the sweetness of it. Next time I have this I’ll have to look specifically for that pistachio flavour; this time around I was more fixated on the orange. I guess there’s also almond in this one and I suppose that could also contribute a sweeter nut flavour; you know, Amaretto and Marzipan are sweet almondy nut thingers (words; what are they)…

As for the spice (as always, my biggest concern) it was very light handed and I more so just picked up a “cinnamon sugar” lightness and sweetness on the end of the sip with some faint coriander. On the whole I think that just contributed to the warmth and comforting quality of the whole cup, and made the orange even juicier.

Kudos to Cuppa’T for that fantastic orange flavour.

Unrelated, my tooth pain is sorta coming back. Not in the same place as before (exact opposite side of my mouth) and not to the same tear inducing degree, but it’s been somewhat consistent all week. Guess I gotta book another dentist appointment. Man, I hate doing “adult” things and adult responsibilities. But hey, at least I’m at a point where I can afford dental work now, without assistance from the parental units.

Sigh.

Flavors: Orange

Cheri

:( I hope your tooth feels better quick!

mj

I had intermittent tooth pain in varying locations. The culprit was me clenching my teeth due to stress. Apparently I was the third grad student that morning with the same problem. It was 9am

Comments

Cheri

:( I hope your tooth feels better quick!

mj

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada